At the beginning of each new school year, classes elect representatives to sit on the Pupil Council.
Meetings are held regularly to discuss a wide range of issues.
The children then put forward a strong argument for changes that would improve the running of the school and the school environment.
Many of their suggestions have been implemented. Topics for discussion include:
- Development of the school playground and garden (our garden has won environmental awards)
- A basketball post in the yard.
- Improvements to school meals
- Indoor play equipment for the classrooms
- Benches in the yard
- Concern for the Environment – Green Clean Team
- Third World issues – Fairtrade/CAFOD
- Local politics & charities – People’s Kitchen, MacMillan Cancer, British Heart Foundation, Children in Need
- Review of school & classroom rules
- Healthy school projects – Bike It, WOW (Walk Once a Week) & Fruit Weeks
- Inter-class attendance competition
- School Summer Fayre