AIMS AND VALUES
A Message from the Head Teacher.
St. Joseph’s Catholic Junior School is a friendly, successful and high-achieving school for pupils aged 7-11, founded in 1898. We are very proud of our many achievements and by following Christ’s teaching we intend to make all that happens within the school speak of God’s loving care for all of us.
By working together our whole school community strives to live out the aims of our mission statement:
‘Christ is our light and our life’
- To develop and maintain a Christian ethos that will be apparent in all areas of school life.
- To encourage the development of Christian attitudes towards ourselves, others and the environment.
- To provide an environment in which each individual feels safe, secure an valued.
- To enable all who work and learn within this community to grow towards their full potential by gaining appropriate knowledge and skills.
- To seek opportunities to strengthen and extend the school’s links with home, parish and the local community.
in order to ensure that we fulfil our shared school vision of providing a 21st century curriculum for 21st century learners, with the aim of inspiring our children with a love of God, a love of learning and a love of life.
Our website contains lots of information about our school, including up to date news and events listings, as well as recent examples of our work and play.
I hope you enjoy your visit to our website and find it useful.
Mrs R Nutton – Acting Head Teacher